Privacy Statement Jafix
Last revision: 8 December 2020
Your privacy is important to us. That is why we pay attention in this privacy statement to the application and processing of your personal data as a user of Jafix.com
1. Who are we?
At Jafix, our mission is to give broken product that second life by empowering our users to repair anything. We do this by giving our users the ability to create repair manuals that anyone can use freely to fix anything.
Our contact details are:
Available during office hours from Monday to Friday
Chamber of Commerce: 20138498
VAT number: NL001592987B81
2. How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your (personal) data when you have contact with us or when you use our services, for example when you place an order via our website or approach us by telephone / email.
3. What personal data do we collect?
We collect the following data:
First and last name
Your preferences for receiving a newsletter
- Location data
- IP address
- Internet browser and which device you use
- Website language
4. Why do we process your personal data and what are the bases for processing?
We only process personal data if this is necessary. We process your personal data for the following purposes and based on the following principles:
- To make it possible for you to create repair tutorials, it is necessary that we know who you are and what action you have taken.
- Communication with you about the repair tutorials, for example if something is wrong, or when someone responds to a repair tutorials from you.
- Communication with you when you leave a comment on a repair manual.
- Necessary communication with you, for example when you create an account or when you have forgotten your password.
6. Are you obliged to provide us with your personal data?
You are not obliged to provide us with your personal data. However, if you don't provide them to us, we probably won't be able to provide you with the services you have requested.
7. Do we share your personal data with third parties?
- Our ICT provider
- Our insurance company (in case of claims or accidents)
8. How long do we strore your personal data?
Jafix.com will not store your personal data longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected. We will keep your data longer if we are obliged to do so on the basis of legal obligations.
In the event of unforeseen claims or procedures, we will keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the settlement of the claim or procedure. We will delete your personal data within 6 months after settlement of this claim or procedure.
Jafix.com takes the protection of your personal data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you feel that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of abuse, please contact us at: email@example.com
10. Your rights
You have the right to submit the following requests to us regarding the processing of your personal data:
- Request for access;
- Request to restrict processing;
- Request for removal;
- Request for correction;
- Request to receive your personal data in digital format.
- You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
You can contact us in the above cases by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Jafix will respond to your request as soon as possible, but no later than after four weeks.
11. Changes to this privacy statement
Any change to this privacy statement will be posted on the sites and, where applicable, we will notify you of the changes, for example by email.
The privacy statement was most recently revised on December 8, 2020.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which we have handled a complaint from you or if you believe that the processing of your (personal) data is not in accordance with data protection legislation, you can submit a complaint to the Authority Personal data, see: www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl.
We appreciate it if you first contact us before submitting a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. Then we can first see if we can find a solution for your complaint.
If you have any other questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data, we will be happy to help. We would also like to hear from you if you have any tips or suggestions to improve this privacy statement.